I know! It’s not Jan 1 yet. But I just couldn’t wait to post my goals for next year. Obviously the biggie is the marathon, but I think after I finish (hopefully!) that I want to work on speed a little bit. I’m pretty confident that I can achieve these goals, but I think they’re challenging enough for me that I will have to work pretty hard on them.
I think the best part of being a fairly “new” runner (began in March 09) is that I can realistically expect to PR in every distance in 2010 :)
Do you set goals for each year of running? Or do you play things by ear? Leave a comment!
- Complete my first marathon on March 20 2010 at the National Marathon in DC
- Run a 10k in 52:49 (8:30 pace)
- Run a 5k in 24:51 (8:00 pace)
- Run a mile in 6:45
- Do upper body / core workouts 20 min 3x a week – if I can do this for 4 weeks I will register for a half marathon as a reward!
- Complete the 100 pushups challenge
- Participate in a relay – seriously how fun would this be? I’m really hoping to get together a team from my local trail running club to do one of the local fall relays.
- Volunteer at a race